Behavioral Addictions: Criteria, Evidence, and Treatment – eBook PDF
DSM-V broke new ground in May of 2013, labeling a new disorder called “behavioral addiction.” Clinicians instantly wanted to know: how is a behavioral addiction different from an impulse control disorder? What are the criteria for determining that some behaviors are addictions instead of impulses? What, if anything, does this mean in terms of effective treatment?
Behavioral Addictions, (PDF) is the first and most authoritative textbook ever written on the topic of behavioral addictions. This comprehensive work describes the criteria used to determine addiction, the suggestion for identifying assorted behaviors as addictions, and the evidence-based treatment for each.
With contributions from distinguished experts covering an exhaustive list of behavioral addictions, this ebook is unique in its coverage of behavioral addictions, their criteria, and treatment. It is a helpful and timely resource for any clinician treating addictions.
- Reviews the evidence for behaviors meeting addiction criteria
- Discusses behaviors earlier considered impulse control disorders
- Provides evidence-based treatment for each & every behavioral addiction
- Defines the criteria for a behavior to be considered an addiction designation
- A guide to understanding the new DSM-V designation of behavioral addiction
- Recognizes what is now, likely will be, and is not a behavioral addiction per evidence
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Behavioral Addictions: Criteria, Evidence, and Treatment in PDF. No access codes are included.