Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health (4th Edition) – eBook PDF:
Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health 4th Edition (PDF) combines practice and theory in presenting traditional and new epidemiologic concepts. Broad in scope, the text opens with five chapters covering the basic epidemiologic concepts and data sources. A major emphasis is placed on study design, with separate chapters devoted to each of the 3 main analytic designs: cohort, experimental, and case-control studies.
George R. Seage
- New examples and the latest public health statistics throughout
- An expanded glossary and key terms highlighted throughout the textbook
- Coverage of the Ebola outbreak including an in-depth investigation of what happened
- New examples that illustrate epidemiological principles including a greater emphasis on social factors that influence health, such as racism
- Straightforward descriptions of the latest epidemiologic methods including mediation analysis, agent-based modelling, and the use of directed acyclic graphs (DAGs) to assess confounding.
“5/5 – Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health 4th edition was a required course material. I like that the electronic PDF version has a search feature so that you can quickly move to the section you want to look at. I can also view it on any of my devices, laptop, phone, or tablet.”
“This is a great textbook for anyone studying epidemiology. Every chapter on the various aspects of Epi (i.e, Confounding, Random Error, Bias, Effect Modification, Causation, etc) is readable, relatively short chapters (no more then 20 pages) and very clearly explains the necessary information. Every chapter then has a concise (less then 1 page) summary, perfect for board review or test studying. In addition, every chapter has test questions with answers posted at the end of the ebook. This ebook even explains the underlying mathematical principles better then most statistic textbooks I’ve used. While you could probably get through Epidemiology just reading the lecture notes, this etextbook will guarantee you understand it (with out spending too much time) and get a 4.0 GPA.”
NOTE: This purchase only includes the Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health 4e PDF. No online codes included.