Handbook of Tumor Syndromes – eBook PDF:
Handbook of Tumor Syndromes – eBook:
Tumors/cancers are described by uncontrolled growths of abnormal cells that spread beyond their usual boundaries and disturb the normal functions of affected organs and systems. Though about 75%–80% of tumors/cancers arise sporadically without a family connection, 20%–25% appear to be familial (counting 10%–15% nonhereditary familial tumors [or familial tumors] and 5%–10% hereditary familial tumors [or hereditary tumors]).
As hereditary and nonhereditary familial tumors often demonstrate both tumor-related and non-tumor-related (or syndromic) symptoms, they are stated as tumor syndromes (or cancer susceptibility syndromes).
In comparison with irregular tumors/cancers, tumor syndromes (>300 described so far) tend to happen at a younger age, involve multiple organs and systems, produce numerous (often in a distinct spectrum) and bilateral lesions, form multiple hamartomatous, precursor or benign lesions; locate in the specific site(s), display exclusive syndromic features, and impact multiple members/generations of a family.
Handbook of Tumor Syndromes (PDF) provides authoritative and state-of-art coverage of about 100 tumor syndromes, with chapters presenting summaries of individual tumor syndromes in connection to their biology, epidemiology, clinical features, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
Featuring contributions from clinicians, oncologists, and specialists, the ebook provides a reliable, comprehensive reference on tumor syndromes for students and scholars of medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacology, public health, and other biomedical disciplines.
- Includes expert coverage from renowned oncologists and clinicians
- Includes up-to-date information on the diagnosis and treatment of tumor syndromes
- Reviews the biology, pathogenesis, epidemiology, and clinical features of tumor syndromes
- S. T. Shanmugam, Understanding Cancer Therapies (ISBN 9781138198159)
- Liu, Tumors and Cancers: Endocrine Glands – Blood – Marrow – Lymph (ISBN 9781498729758)
- J. M. Baehring and J. M. Piepmeier, eds., Brain Tumors: Practical Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment (ISBN 9780367390228)
- R. McIntosh, Understanding Cancer: An Introduction to the Biology, Medicine, and Societal Implications of This Disease (ISBN 9780815345350)
Dongyou Liu, Ph.D., has worked at numerous research and clinical laboratories in Australia and the United States for the last three decades, with an emphasis on molecular characterization of microbial pathogens and recognition of human genetic disorders and tumors/cancers.
He is the primary author of over 50 original review and research articles in various peer-reviewed international journals, the contributor of 197 book chapters, and the editor of over 10 ebooks.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Handbook of Tumor Syndromes in PDF. No access codes are included.