International Management Behavior: Global and Sustainable Leadership (7th Edition) – eBook PDF
This latest International Management Behavior, 7th edition (PDF), an established textbook for college students and executives developing the perspective, knowledge, and skills required for leading and managing people in global business.
This guide provides a comprehensive overview of international management, structured around the core challenges and opportunities faced by global managers. This encompasses: the role of the global manager, working on an individual and organizational level, and understanding how to manage a diverse workforce. Individual chapters address key subjects, including: the global mindset, strategy execution, working effectively across cultures, change management and working in global teams. This seventh edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect recent developments in ethics and corporate sustainability.
Based on over forty years of teaching and research, International Management Behavior 7e is designed to stimulate and facilitate learning. This text combines a wealth of theoretical knowledge with current real-world examples across a range of cultures and industry sectors. The authors focus on research that provides the most immediate, practical guidance for managers, with well-chosen examples to demonstrate practical implementation and bring key concepts to life.
Table of contents
- Acknowledgments xi
- Introduction 1
- Part 1 5
- Chapter 1 The Global Manager 7
- Part 2 31
- Chapter 2 Understanding Culture: Through the Looking Glass 33
- Chapter 3 Interpersonal Skills for International Management: The MBI Model for High Performance 71
- Chapter 4 Managing Global Teams and Networks 97
- Part 3 121
- Chapter 5 Executing Global Strategy 123
- Chapter 6 Talent Management: Selecting and Developing Global Managers 169
- Chapter 7 Managing Change in Global Organizations 191
- Part 4 215
- Chapter 8 Competing with Integrity in Global Business: Personal Integrity 217
- Chapter 9 Competing with Integrity in Global Business: Corporate Sustainability 255
To accompany the revised and updated International Management Behavior 7e, updated instructor support material has been supplied at www.wiley.com/go/lane7e, including PowerPoint slides and teaching notes. This instructor site has been designed in conjunction with the main textbook to assist the teaching and development of global leaders.