Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling (5th Edition) – eBook PDF
FULLY REVISED, COMPREHENSIVE, AND PRACTICAL BOOK OF THE THEORY AND PRACTICE OF ADDICTION COUNSELING
Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling, Fifth Edition introduces mental health professionals and students to the field of addiction counseling and helps them acquire the knowledge and develop the skills needed to counsel individuals who are caught in the destructive cycle of addiction.
Drawing from her years of experience in working in the addiction counseling field as a counselor, trainer and educator, Geri Miller provides an engaging, balanced overview of the major theoretical foundations and clinical best practices in the field.
Fully updated, the fifth edition offers a compassionate accountability, practice-oriented counseling framework and features:
- A research-based clinical application approach to addiction counseling that practitioners can turn to for fundamental, practical, clinical guidelines.
- Revised chapters that reflect important changes in research and practice, including new assessment instruments and new and expanded treatments.
- Additional case studies, interactive exercises, key points and other resources that facilitate the integration of knowledge into practice.
- A new chapter of “Supervision and Mentoring”.
- Revised “Personal Reflections” section at the beginning of each chapter that provide an invaluable, unique perspective on the author’s view of addiction counseling.
- Updated and expanded Instructor Resources that include brief video clips, PowerPoint slides, test bank questions for each chapter, and sample syllabi.
From assessment and diagnosis of addiction to preparing for certification and licensure as an addiction counseling professional, this comprehensive book covers essential components required to work as a professional in the field of addiction counseling.
NOTE: The product only includes the eBook Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling 5e in PDF. No access codes are included.