Transportation, Land Use, and Environmental Planning – eBook PDF
Transportation, Land Use, and Environmental Planning, (ePub/PDF) explores the practices and policies connecting transportation, land use, and environmental planning needed to attain a healthy environment, a flourishing economy, and a more equitable and inclusive society. It evaluates best practices for improving the performance of city and regional transportation systems, looking at such issues as mixed-use and higher density urban development, public transit, and non-motorized travel investments, radically transformed vehicles, and transportation systems. The ebook lays out the rising need for greater integration of transportation, land use, and environmental planning, looking keenly at transforming demographic needs, public health concerns, equity, housing affordability, and livability.
Moreover, strategies for achieving these desired results are presented, including urban design and land use planning, bike and pedestrian improvements, regional and corridor-level transit plans, demand management strategies, and upcoming technologies and services. The final part of the ebook examines implementation challenges, considering lessons from the US and around the world at both local and regional levels.
- Introduces never-before-published research
- Provides best practices for cycling, transit, urban design, and housing provision
- Employs case studies from around the world that show alternative ways forward
- Examines the political and institutional dimensions of sustainability planning at the urban and regional levels
- Evaluates emerging developments, such as new vehicle technologies, smart cities, automated highways and transportation sharing
Offers best practices and policy debates for building a more sustainable future through integrating land use, transportation and environmental planning.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Transportation, Land Use, and Environmental Planning in original ePub. A converted PDF is available. No access codes are included.