Underwater Acoustic Modeling and Simulation (5th Edition) – eBook PDF
This newest updated and revised Underwater Acoustic Modeling and Simulation, 5th edition, (PDF) adds new material to all chapters, especially in mathematical propagation models and special applications and inverse techniques. It has updated environmental-acoustic data in core summary tables and companion tables with the latest underwater acoustic propagation, reverberation, noise, and sonar performance models.
Paul Etter’s ebook Underwater Acoustic Modeling and Simulation (5th edition) examines the translation of our physical understanding of sound in the ocean into mathematical models that can simulate noise, acoustic propagation, and reverberation in the sea. These models are used in a variety of research and operational applications to predict and diagnose the performance of complex sonar systems operating in the undersea environment. This latest 5th edition addresses advances in the development and utilization of underwater acoustic models since 2013. The inventory of underwater acoustic models has increased by approximately 10 percent over this period, thus demonstrating a continued expansion of related research and development activities. Major new developments are described in newly created subsections of the existing chapters. This ebook is intended for those who have a fundamental understanding of underwater acoustics, but who are not yet familiar with the various aspects of modeling. The level of technical detail presented in this ebook is appropriate for a broad spectrum of students and practitioners in sonar technology, marine engineering, acoustical oceanography, systems engineering, naval operations analysis, and applied mathematics. Sufficient mathematical derivations are included to demonstrate model formulations, and guidelines are provided to assist in the selection and proper application of these models.
- Updated inventory of underwater acoustic models available for current research and development activities.
- Inclusion of updated discussion and analytic questions in every chapter to help students assess their comprehension.
- Instructions in the proper application of models and the correct interpretation of results to assess prediction uncertainties.
- Discussion of specific examples of each type of model to illustrate assumptions, model formulations, and algorithm efficiency.
- Demonstration of how underwater acoustic models can serve as enabling tools for assessing noise impacts on the ocean soundscape.
NOTE: This product only contains the ebook Underwater Acoustic Modeling and Simulation 5e in PDF. No access codes included.